Applications close January 5, 2018 at sunset
Or Shalom is an egalitarian, participatory, Jewish Renewal shul located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. We are seeking a full-time Program Coordinator to work under the supervision of our Rabbi, Hannah Dresner, to help advance the community’s vision of engagement and growth. The Program Coordinator is responsible for implementing programs, coordinating special events, and developing community connections and outreach to raise awareness of and involvement with Or Shalom.
- With the guidance of the Rabbi, develop and deliver intergenerational programming in accordance with Or Shalom’s goals and values
- Collaborate with the Rabbi, the Office Administrator, and community lay leaders to help ensure smooth execution of all programs
- Develop and maintain a list of families interested in Jewish family, youth, and children’s programming, and encourage their participation in relevant Or Shalom activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of communication materials promoting Or Shalom’s programs
- Pursue networking opportunities with the wider Jewish community in Greater Vancouver, in order to promote the activities of Or Shalom and facilitate our involvement in collaborative projects.
- Strong understanding of Jewish traditions, holidays and rituals
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing cultural and/or educational programs
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Demonstrable organizational skills for managing event scheduling, planning, logistics, registration, and publicity
- Ability to manage time independently and carry out duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including word processing and database programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with colleagues and the community
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
To apply for this position please forward a cover letter and resume to jobs @ orshalom.ca