Or Shalom welcomes visitors, friends and family to join us for High Holidays. High Holiday participation is included for Or Shalom members, so this form is for non-members who would like join us for services. For those who are uncomfortable with in-person events or are unable to attend, our services will all be live-streamed on YouTube, see orshalom.ca for the link.
Erev Rosh Hashanah services will be held at the Or Shalom bayit. Both days of Rosh Hashanah services, Kol Nidre and Yom Kippur Services will be held at the Vancouver Jewish Community Centre. In-person attendance is subject to limits in the case of over-registration or of a change in Covid Guidelines that prevent these gatherings.
Erev Rosh Hashanah at Or Shalom 710 East 10th Ave
- Sept 25, Erev Rosh Hashanah services will be held at Or Shalom 710 East 10th Avenue
High Holidays at Vancouver, JCC 950 West 41st Avenue
- Sept 26- Rosh Hashanah Day 1
- Sept 27- Rosh Hashanah Day 2
- Oct 4 – Erev Yom Kippur/Kol Nidre
- Oct 5 – Yom Kippur morning
- Oct 5 – Yizkor and Neilah
Covid guidelines are subject to change as the BC Centre for Disease Control and the Or Shalom Covid Advisory Committee stay up to date with the safety protocols as they evolve. At this time our recommendations for in-person services are:
- To attend you should have had at least a second vaccination 14 days or more before the service.
- Please don’t come to services if you have symptoms or been near someone with symptoms.
- Masks are strongly recommended at all times unless leading prayers.
- Since it is still a delicate time, please get consent before shaking hands or hugging.
Please Join Us
Or Shalom welcomes all to join us regardless of your ability to pay. Those of us that can, help those who cannot.
Or Shalom membership includes High Holiday attendance. High Holiday-only visitors can register here, and make a donation if you are able. Or Shalom does not have reserved seating or send out tickets, just check in with the security desk when you arrive at the JCC.
Shanah Tovah Tikateyvu!