Or Shalom is an egalitarian, participatory, Jewish Renewal synagogue located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. We are seeking a part-time Program & Project Coordinator to work under the supervision of our Rabbi, Hannah Dresner, to help advance the community’s vision of engagement and growth. The Program & Project Coordinator is responsible for implementing programs, coordinating special events, and developing community connections and outreach to raise awareness of, and involvement with, Or Shalom. The Communications aspect of the position involves various facets of basic communications and marketing.
- With the guidance of the Rabbi, create and manage logistics for programming events & Jewish holiday celebrations
- Assist the staff and lay leaders with development and logistics of classes, programs and simchat mitzvah celebrations
- Develop and maintain a prospect list of families interested in Jewish family programming
- Pursue networking opportunities with the wider Jewish community in order to promote the activities of Or Shalom and facilitate our involvement in collaborative projects.
- Develop and maintain weekly, monthly and annual project tracker for all staff
- Create, nurture and manage a volunteer core to assist in delivery of programs
- Implement creative projects of interest as time allows
- Prepare promotional graphics and communications materials, create web registration forms, publish weekly newsletter, and create flyer and promotional material for all events
- Maintain events calendar
- Find/Design graphics for all marketing
- Create and manage monthly marketing plan, regular social media posts, and FaceBook events
- Post events on our website and help support website management & maintenance
- Photograph and video events for marketing purposes
- Market events and programs to specific interest groups
- Track event demographics for specific targeting of new events/programming
- Assist in developing and maintaining program budgets
- Ability to attend to detail and to overall strategies and and workflow
- Strong understanding of Jewish traditions, holidays and rituals
- Experience implementing and managing cultural and/or educational programs
- Familiarity with social media platforms and website maintenance & management
- Familiarity with basic graphic design principles
- Familiarity with marketing strategies
- Demonstrable organizational skills for managing event scheduling, planning, logistics, registration, and publicity
- Ability to manage time independently and carry out duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including word processing and database programs.
- Experience with project tracking software and light video editing would be helpful
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with colleagues and the community
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Team player
- Ability to create intra- and outside community connections
- Volunteer management experience
This is a 30 hour/week position.
Compensation – $25-$30/hour
Flexible hours – some hours will be onsite at our beautiful bayit and some of the job can be done remotely. In-person hours will occasionally include evening and weekend events.
Deadline to apply: Oct. 25, 2021
How to apply: Submit your cover letter and resume (PDF please) and, if possible, a few samples of your graphic design and text layout work to email@example.com.